Friday, April 1, 2011

Is It Just Me Or Is Jamie Oliver Disgusting?


Seriously, there is something about Jamie Oliver that just makes me feel ill. I think it must be a natural defense mechanism that tells me that I am likely to get a severe case of dissentary if eat his food.

Maybe it's the put-on cockney accent or the way he spits when he talks. Sometimes when he speaks you can see saliva collecting on the sides of his mouth. And who cooks sitting down?

I don't understand why he has to mix everything by hand. Seriously, cake batter does not need your dirty fingers in it. I once saw him lick his fingers and then toss the salad.  I could feel the urge to dash to the bathroom for a bowel driven explosion just watching it.

And, by the way Chef Oliver, if you want to mix everything you cook by hand, could you at least clean the dirt out from underneath your finger nails? I can't help wondering if the Producer is zooming in on his grubby fingers as he works the food just to see how far he can push the audience.

Here is something funny. I told Taylor about how it disgusted me. Now we tune in just to be grossed out and laugh together at the various recipes he insists on mixing by hand!

Not that I have anything against Chef Oliver. I think the work he is doing to convince Americans that fat is not cool is worthwhile. I just feel that a cooking show should make you hungy. I am just saying.

12 comments:

Logan Brick said...

Agreed sir!

Anonymous said...

his grubby paws have bothered me for years!

Unknown said...

You hate EVERYBODY... You hate Anthony Bourdain, I like him. You hate Jamie Oliver, I like him. *tsk* *tsk*

Tom said...

lol. I don't "hate" Anthony Bourdain. But I really do think that he has evolved from an entertaining and wide-eyed tourist with a cynical point of view into a douche. He is a food critic and nothing more. The cook is gone. Ironically, he is exactly what he professes to despise in his latest book. You should read it.

Jamie Olive I also like. I think his movement to eradicate fatties in America is great. But his hands are dirty. Watch the show on Cooking Channel where he mixes everything by hand. It's difficult to enjoy the recipes! lol.

Unknown said...

Too lazy to read now. I read AB's first book, the one about "the underbelly" of the food & bev industry. That's when I started liking him cuz everything he said was so true. I think a lot of ppl don't like his tone on his TV show cuz he sounds rude/arrogant. But I don't hear it that way.

Anonymous said...

I find absolutely disgusting how Jamie Oliver uses his dirty and licked fingers to touch food...thanks for posting this comment, I thought I was the only one!! And Yours Truly, I have not seen HATE in Tom's words, he is sharing his point of view and explaining the reasons why he thinks that way. Hate is a very strong word.

Tom said...

Thanks Anonymous...As long as we are railing on Food Network pseudo celebs....Did anyone read the NY Post review of Guy Fieri's new place? Ouch.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/food/not_our_type_of_guy_zEVBjNbOzqTXWiqWK4SpdK

Anonymous said...

Yep. Very disgusting, but not many of us seem to think so. I was watching him make salads with his bare hands yesterday and licking his fingers whilst cooking. I went on twitter to see if anybody was bothered by this...nothing.

Frankly, I would choose clean food over good looking food any day. Can these celebrity chefs just stop it right now!

Alexandra Santos said...

Not to mention that (more than) often he opens cabinets and drawers to grab other ingredients with sticky filthy hands.
I mean, the man doesn't wash his hands in between cooking steps. One minute he's peeling of tomates, the next one he's reaching to the frigde with sticky tomato hands.
And yes! we've all seen the dirty finger nails.
Absolutely disgusted!

Unknown said...

I noticed his nasty fingernails years ago. I knew I couldn't be the only one.

Anonymous said...

I just had a full conversation with a friend about how I always thought he was filthy years ago when he had his early shows.Dirty nails,saliva flying all over,hands jammed in the food. *dry heave.

Adrian Heath said...

Jamie Oliver is a virtue signalling douche who just like David Beckham will say or do anything he feels might improve his chances of getting a knighthood or other new years honour. That his real motivation, he couldn't give a flying sack of faeces about anything else. Sorry to be so florid but I really don't like him, in fact I think I have an allergy to Jamie Oliver, I go into anaphylactic shock when ever I see him.