Thursday, May 26, 2011

Martini

What is that saying about Martini's? One is not enough but two is too many!

I love Martinis. Frankly, I don't trust a man who drinks, "Wine Spritzers."  Butch up Dude and get a real drink. And, by the way, no you can't have a Cosmo.... you are a Dude. (It's okay for Ladies).


Like Bond, I prefer my Vodka, shaken not stirred. No Vermouth, just Vodka shaken hard in a metal shaker with ice and poured into a large martini vessel. I am partial to olives with jalepenos. But I also like fresh blackberries. (above left).

I really enjoy sitting down to a meal in a restaurant and starting off with a cocktail. It's just civilized sipping a proper drink and chatting with your date before you open the menu.  

I keep a bottle of Vodka in my freezer at all times. When the mood strikes, I pour the syrupy clear liquid into a martini glass and enjoy. This afternoon is so hot it is all I can think about.

I don't drink often, but when I do, I prefer Potato Vodka. In my opinion, it is the best Vodka because it has a stronger flavor than the more refined grain brands. I typically drink Luksuswowa Vodka. It is strong and smooth. Yet it also has a very strong finish that is not for the faint of heart. Chopin is probably the best known and most refined potato vodka you can find. What's your favorite Vodka?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom and Taylor,
We checked out your blog tonight. As you opined.. we really enjoyed it! Looks like you are having a blast. Never knew you liked to cook. Very impressed with your cooking, creativity, and parenting. Above all, looks like you are a great DAD. Keep it up!
Virginia & Kenan

Tom said...

Thanks! Sometimes I feel like a mad scientist performing human experiments on Taylor. But she seems to be relatively healthy! :)

Tom